E’ domenica: gustate con noi la Meat and Potato Pie con la sua speciale “salsa Hendos”: un’altra esclusiva di Sheffield! Eccovi la ricetta, tutta britannica, qui preparata dalla nostra “corrispondente speciale da Sheffield”, Stephanie Patterson. Buon appetito!
Meat and Potato Pie
600g diced beef
1 large, finely-chopped onion
3 beef OXO or stock cubes
1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce or Henderson’s relish
100g of beef gravy mix
600g or 6 medium potatoes – peeled and cut into quarters
500g ready-to-roll or homemade shortcrust pastry
½ teaspoon salt for the potatoes
1 beaten egg
- Add beef, onions, stock cubes, relish and water to a large pan or slow cooker.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat and cook slowly until the beef is tender. Add gravy mix until the gravy is rich and thick. Leave to cool.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and top up with water until it just covers them. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Boil the potatoes with salt until they are just cooked through but still firm. Drain the potatoes and leave with the beef to cool (if the fillings are not left to cool, they will make the pastry soggy and difficult to handle).
- Roll the pastry to a thickness of approximately 1cm and line the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Add the potatoes and pour over the beef, making sure that the meat pieces are spread evenly. Top up with gravy until both the meat and potatoes are covered. Cover the entire surface of the dish and trim the edges to create a tidy finish.
- Make 3 diagonal cuts in the pastry to release any steam. Using a soft brush, cover the pastry with a thin wash of beaten egg. This will give the pastry a nice brown finish.
- Put in the oven, pre-heated to 200° until pastry is browned and the filling is piping hot.
- Serve with plenty of extra gravy and Henderson’s relish and enjoy!
To find more about and to purchase Henderson’s Relish, click here: https://www.hendersonsrelish.com/the-relish/
To find more about and to purchase Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, click here: https://www.leaandperrins.co.uk/our-sauce
To find more about and to purchase OXO stock cubes, click here: https://www.oxo.co.uk/#